“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” Peter Drucker.
Innovation is the key – but it’s only a means to an end. It’s all about Manchester’s competitiveness. The competitiveness of our companies, and the competitiveness of Greater Manchester as a place:
- a place where great ideas are turned into action
- a place that acts like a magnet for creative and enterprising people
- a place where companies want to do business
- a place where social innovation can thrive
Competing in a global economy means providing a dynamic, resource-rich environment for sparking ideas, developing innovative business opportunities, and maximising the impact of public benefits including economic growth, better jobs, and enhanced quality of life.
This is a long term goal that needs immediate ongoing action. M:KC has a central role in developing the strategic intelligence of the city, helping to build a city where:
- private and public sectors better understand each other’s needs and the areas of mutual benefit
- the economy is robust and sustainable in the face of global challenges
- emerging opportunities are identified and grasped quickly and efficiently
The M:KC team works on developing Greater Manchester’s absorptive capacity for new ideas, taking down the barriers to innovation, maximising the potential of new business models, and fostering long term culture change – helping to build a great 21st century city.
Along with Greater Manchester’s business and civic leaders, we’re not just predicting our future: we’re creating it.
You can use the navigation bar on the left to see specific examples of how M:KC makes a real difference.